Friday 23 October 2009

Pumpkin Picking

Last weekend was pretty miserable -- cold, wet and windy -- so we didn't want to spend much time outside. As Halloween is just around the corner, we decided to head to Karl's and pick up a second pumpkin. We did plant two pumpkin plants this spring and they quickly took over our small garden (and almost our neighbour's). Unfortunately, only one pumpkin has survived to maturity. Although he's pretty good looking, we felt he was a bit lonely and needed a mate. Thus the trip out.





Karl's is basically a glorified farm shop -- farm produce, gift shop, cafe, in-door and out-door playgrounds, horse rides, goats to pet, and more. I like it because it entertains my daughter while I get a good slice of cake! There was free face painting that day, so she was especially happy.



The weather this weekend is still miserable. We would like to go to our local amusement park tonight for the autumn light parade and fireworks, but the idea of standing out in the wet and cold doesn't sound too tempting. Maybe I'll twist my husband's arm and head off to a big craft exhibit in Lubeck! Yes, I'm still embroidering -- I'm halfway done with a Halloween picture. Hopefully I'll have it done in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment